The Do’s and Don’ts of Looking After Fishers Decking & Flooring Products
Achieving clean decking is crucial to maintaining the appearance of your home or building. Here are some guidelines for taking care of your composite wood products from Fishers Decking & Flooring:
- Use a hard-bristled broom or scrubbing brush with water and Sunlight® soap to clean your composite wood products. Vigorously scrub your decking at least once a week.
- For a more thorough clean, add Cleen Green® to your Sunlight® soap and water mixture and use this to scrub the deck. Cleen Green® is available at most hardware stores and can be used on a regular basis or to address problem areas.
- To remove stubborn stains, spray undiluted Cleen Green® from a dispensing spray bottle onto the affected area and scrub with a hard-bristled brush or fine steel wool (steel wool should only be used on the Gold Range Grooved Planks and not on the Fishers Decking & Flooring Diamond Range Wood Grain Plank).
- If the outer skin of the Fishers Decking & Flooring Diamond Range Wood Grain Plank is damaged, heat the area with a heat gun or hair dryer to shrink the outer skin and cover minor damage.
- Don’t use a mop on the Gold Range Grooved Decking, as it only moves dirt around instead of removing it. Follow the suggestions above for achieving clean decking.
- Never apply spirits to any of Fishers Decking & Flooring’s composite wood products, as it will damage the material. Instead, follow the suggestions under the “Do’s” section above to remove stubborn stains and scuff marks.
- When using a high-pressure hose to clean decking and other composite wood products, only use a soft to medium pressure to avoid damaging the planks.
- Do not use the figure-8 motion on a pressure hose, as this can damage the decking.
- Don’t put heavy items on your composite wood deck planks without protection. Use a rubber mat of four to six millimeters thick between heavy objects and the deck to avoid scratches and damage. For heavy umbrellas, consider adding large castor wheels to make moving them around easier and safer for your decking.
If you have any questions or want to order your beautiful composite wood products, contact Fishers Decking & Flooring today. Their products are easy to install, competitively priced, maintenance-free, and come with a 10-, 15-, or 25-year factory guarantee, depending on the product type and profile.
Image courtesy of www.game.co.za